There are lots of men and women out there who perceived reflexology as one kind of foot massage. Should you be among these people, then be sure to continue reading this article to enlighten your mind and to get additional insights about it. After reading this article, it will definitely change your mind about reflexology.
Definition of Reflexology
Actually, reflexology is the term used to describe one type of massage that involves the gentle and slow manipulation of our body’s pressure points to remove blockage from the pathways so that the energy can flow in. The said energy is responsible for enlivening our bodies as well as helping it in healing itself. Massage therapist will apply gentle pressure in certain pressure pointers on our hands or our feet not just to activate our bodies’ ability in healing itself but also to achieve deep relaxation and return its state-of-balance. Basically, this is called zone therapy.
This particular form of massage came from China and the Chinese people used it not only in treating pain but also in relieving stress. Thanks to the innovation of reflexology because the Chinese people successfully lead healthy and balanced lives. Due to the popularity and effectiveness of reflexology, it is not surprising for it to become very famous around the world. As a matter of fact, you can find lots of massage parlors that offer reflexology in their services.
Knowing the Rewards of Reflexology to Us
Since this is one non-invasive form of therapy, it can benefit all individuals, irrespective of age, gender as well as health conditions. Studies show that numerous men and women used reflexology in treating arthritic, mobility as well as pain problems. It is also effectual in treating various physical and psychological concerns. Showcased underneath are the other benefits offered by reflexology:
1. You can use reflexology to treat the different kinds of pain in your body.
2. You can use this particular method to relax your body.
3. You can use this method to improve the flow and circulation of blood in your body.
4. You can use reflexology in regulating the cholesterol level of your body.
5. It is also effective in regulating blood pressure.
6. It is also proven to be effective in stimulating the functions of the nerves inside our bodies.
7. Reflexology is also used in improving the immune system of our bodies.
7. Reflexology is also utilized as a complement in cancer care and treatment to ease the cancer patients’ vomiting, pain, anxiety and nausea.
8. There are lots of physicians out there who make use of reflexology to ease the pain felt by women during delivery as well as treating the postpartum depression and effects of childbirth.
9. Some even undergo reflexology to get relief and treatment for their kidney diseases, insomnia, asthma, allergies, skin diseases, gastrointestinal problems and etc.